Beating hearts captured on fetal cardiotocography manifested as rhythmic jagged lines informs the series by Julie Hsieh, MD. The artist takes the fundamental basis of life, the heartbeat, from which bursts the creation of human beings, and expresses the miracle of life and science in the form of dramatic lines weaving with life’s rhythm. The spirit of her artwork is grounded in her faith in social, scientific, and technological progress; underscoring individualism in her unbridled execution of each stroke.
謝宛儒醫師曾發表一篇醫學文章, 運用胎心宫縮監測器繪出規律鋸齒線狀圖的方式記錄胎兒心跳.這位藝術家以人類生命創造之根本的心跳為基礎, 將生命節奏以生動的線條來表達生命與科學的奇蹟。她作品的精神是基於對社會，科學和技術進步的信念;在她作品的每個筆觸中都能看到其個人風格的獨特性。
A Renaissance woman, Julie Hsieh, MD, is a Taiwanese-American artist, vocalist, collector, and gallerist. Her life’s mission is to pursue the art of living, challenge the norm, and embrace individualism and freedom of expression. With her diverse background, the common thread tying her passions is the connections she makes between others and herself through her art, her voice, and her compassion. This series of artworks “Sforzando: Rhythmic threads of life” brings together inspirations from her background in medicine, art, and music.
Artworks by Julie Hsieh
- Julie Hsieh, Cantata, 72×60 cm, oil and acrylic on canvas, 2018
- Julie Hsieh, Nocturne, 60×72 cm, oil and acrylic on canvas, 2018
- Julie Hsieh, Fermata, 72×60 cm, oil and acrylic on canvas, 2018
- Julie Hsieh, Concerto, 60×72 cm, oil and acrylic on canvas, 2018
- Julie Hsieh, Fugue, 150×180 cm, acrylic on canvas, 2018
- Julie Hsieh, Scherzo, 60×72 cm, acrylic on canvas, 2018
- Julie Hsieh, Toccata, 60×72 cm, acrylic on canvas, 2018
- Julie Hsieh, Tarantella, 80x116cm, oil on canvas, 2018
- Julie Hsieh, Passacaglia, 60×72 cm, oil and acrylic on canvas, 2018